We're all looking to get an extra edge in life. Some aim for supplements that aid in productivity, others opt for supplements that aid in fat loss or muscle gain.
In both men and women, testosterone levels peak between 25 to 30 years of age and thereafter drop approximately 1-2% annually. At the age of 60, testosterone levels are typically only 40-50% of youthful levels and may be lower due to stress and related lifestyle issues such as diet, exercise, and sleep patterns. This lowering in testosterone has been linked to a poorer health outcome in many areas of life.
We live in a world where an abundance of supplements are available to us. 98% of these boast hyped up claims, using flash words to catch the consumers attention and then persuade the naive buyer to purchase their washed out product.
Here at Iron Chest Supplements, we aim to do a little more than just sell supplements. We aim to dissect them, and then share our findings with you, the educated consumer.
Today we're looking at our two best selling Testosterone Boosters. And with those two words, we can assume 80% of you are already rolling your eyes. But just hold on a second - these two really are different from the rest.
Alpha Mars and Alpha-AF have been our fastest selling and most popular T-boosters. One boasts a natural herbal extract formula (Alpha Mars), while the other boasts a far more potent formula (Alpha-AF).
We wanted to quickly highlight the benefits and differences of each, so that you, now an educated consumer, can go forth and select the right one for you.
THE KEY INGREDIENTS OF ALPHA MARS
Shilajit is one of the most powerful ingredient for building and rebuilding, anti-fatigue, anti-aging purposes and improving resilience to anything that life can throw at you. Traditionally shilajit is used as a panacea for all disease as well as a Rasayana (rejuvenator) with promises to increase wellness. Shilajit is aptly referred to as ‘rasayana’/’rasayanam’ in Ayurveda and Siddha literature which means rejuvenator because it prevents ailment and enhances the quality of life.²
What can Shilajit do for you?
- Boost testosterone by >20%
- Increase sperm production by >35% and sperm movement by >60%³
- Increase energy production in mitochondria4
Panax Ginseng is the one “true” ginseng of the ginseng family. Panax can provide the following benefits
- Nitric Oxide (NO) vasodilation
- Improve erections as treatment for erectile dysfunction
- Boost testosterone production
- Improve vitality, motivation and drive
- Support immune system
- Anti-aging properties
- Improve psychomotor performance including attention, processing and auditory reaction time6
Nettles are an essential edition to any testosterone boosting supplement. Here are the mechanisms of action for nettle.
- Inhibits 5-alpha reductase conversion of testosterone to DHT
- Inhibits the aromatase conversion of testosterone to estrogen
- Inhibits inflammation, allergies and immune dysfunction
- Increases sperm and testosterone production7
Fenugreek (Trigonella foenum-graecum)
Traditionally used to aid liver function, reduce blood sugar and fat, prevent brain ischemia, improve memory, and as an anti-inflammatory. Other actions of Fenugreek for testosterone support are as follows.
- Fenugreek furostanol saponins can boost testosterone and improve endurance8
- Boost free testosterone by lowering SHBG
- Inhibits aromatase and 5 alpha reductase conversion of testosterone to estrogen and dihydrotestosterone respectively9
Tong Kat Ali (Eurycoma longifolia)
Often called “Malaysian ginseng”, is traditionally used as a general health tonic, improving physical and mental energy levels and overall quality of life; as an adaptogen and as a traditional “anti-aging” remedy to help older individuals adapt to the reduced energy, mood, and libido that often comes with age.
What Tongkat Ali can do for you:
- Increase anabolic hormones, such as testosterone and DHEA and reduce the catabolic hormone cortisol
- Boost testosterone production
- Make free testosterone in men and women10
- Reduce SHBG
CONCLUSION: What may seem at first a very basic herbal complex that would barely cause an eyebrow to raise, is actually one of the most effective NATUAL Test-Boosters on the market. We've seen MANY athletes coming off enhanced cycles, turn to Alpha Mars to kick-start their natural testosterone. Simply put, if you're coming off cycle, or are a naturally competing athlete, buying one bottle of Alpha Mars will not ruin your life, but it may certainly well change it for the better.
Now let's have a look at the more hardcore alternative - Alpha-AF
T is vital for men. T maintains strength, encourages lean muscle mass and drive. ALPHA-AF promotes narural T while acting as anti-E (love handles and gyno!) One of the best products for PCT after using STEEL Andro’s.
A NO B.S. Formulation, Backed by Science:
Promotes Fat Loss in common trouble areas for men
So what are the ingredients in Alpha-AF that make this a stand-out product?
With its list of ingredients, the synergistic blend shows a promise for helping to keep your muscle gains in tact while normalizing your hormone levels, boosting your testosterone levels and rejuvenating your liver. These ingredients include:
- Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) 500% of RDA – a fat-soluble vitamin that helps your body absorb calcium and phosphorus, which is important for building and keeping strong bones, improving overall health, reducing abdominal fat, and maintaining a healthier heart, thicker head of hair, and reduced risk of cancer
- Byroviron – an herb used as an aphrodisiac and pro-fertility compound, it increases testosterone and enhances youthfulness during aging
- Safed Musli 50% – boosts and rejuvenates the reproductive system, increases sexual vigor and performance, providing power, energy and stamina, and improves overall health
- Magnesium (magnesium aspartate) – reduces the risk of stroke in men, and is important in normal bone growth
- Androsta-3, 5-Diene-7, 17-Dione – this combination lowers estrogen
- 5-Alpha-Hydroxy-Laxogenin – a steroidal sapinogen shown to increase protein synthesis by over 200%, promoting lean muscle growth and accelerated repair, and it shows profound anti-inflammatory effects
- Zinc (as mono-L-methionine and aspartate) – promotes muscle strength gains, and increases in testosterone levels
- DHEA – improves sex drive, fights the signs of aging, builds muscle, and boosts metabolism
- Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine Hcl) – helps the body convert food into fuel and metabolize proteins and fats
- Bioperine (Black Pepper fruit extract) – this ingredient has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anti-tumor properties, and though not substantiated, it is reported to help with absorption of other nutrients
This is definitely a more potent T-Booster but we wouldn't recommend it for anyone competing in natural-tested Bodybuilding competitions. However, with the reviews and feedback we've received for this product, it's a clear winner when it comes to T-Boosters.